Entries due Friday, October 21st, 2016 to the Spears front office.
The Reflections theme for 2016 – 2017 is “What is Your Story?”.
Use your imagination to create a film, song, artwork, photograph, poem, short story or dance routine. You may enter as many times as you like, in as many categories as you like. All Reflections entrants are required to have at least one person in their household as a current member of Spears PTA to participate. Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form, and be sure to reflect the theme in your work!Categories Include:
- Literature – Fiction or nonfiction, prose, poetry, drama, or short story (must not exceed 2,000 words or 8 ½ x 11 inches)
- Visual Arts – Original print, drawing, painting, collage, photographic collage, metal etching or punch work, fiber work, or computer-generated artwork (must be flat, not more than 1 inch thick, maximum size 24 x 30 inches including a mat)
- Photography – Original black-and-white or color image, single print or collage (maximum size 11 x 14 inches including a mat)
- Musical Composition –Voice, instruments or a combination of both, with or without lyrics (maximum time 5 minutes, a CD recording of a performance of the composition should be submitted.)
- Dance Choreography – Original dance choreographed by the student with up to 3 dancers. (maximum time 3 minutes, should be submitted as a file or on a CD or DVD)
- Film Production - Original work, animation, narrative, documentary, experimental, computer-generated (no PowerPoint, maximum time 5 minutes, submitted as a file or on a CD or DVD)Please read all the official rule forms carefully for your category/categories! Have fun and make sure all entries relate to the theme: “What is Your Story?”.
General Information: 2016-2017 - Click here(this link also includes Rules and Entry Forms to Print):